Saturday, September 27, 2008

Buffalo to Please God



Yesterday, after uploading my blog and wile reading mails I got a phone call from Neeraj. He asked me come to hotel Joy Palace for lunch. He said our full gang is there with him. I replied him I will reach there right there and disconnected the phone. Oh god there's no time to waste... , it's the time for the lunch. So I dressed up quick, started my bike... Fast and faster in hurry...


I reached Hotel Joy Palace... but I can't see my guys there. I proposed to call them... Ohh shit... I forgot to take my cell phone in that hurry.. my god what can i do now... I searched for my purse, shit... shit.. shit.... I can't believe this.. it's also missing.. Okey... I relaxed and started from there, Then I searched for my guys in our usual places. At last on the way I got Vysak and preshil on a yellow Karizma. I followed them and headed to Mototech.. Neeraj's R15 had to clear some problems.. I met my guys there and lighted a cigarette there. After that with the permission of my guys I returned to my home to take my cell phone and purse.


When I reached I saw my whole family is having lunch, So I too had lunch in my home. After the lunch while sitting in front of my home I heard some horrible noise.... So I had to take a look outside.

Wow... Whats that....? I can see four legs and two horns, I thought it might be a cow or an Ox.. It is running in a zigzag manner on the road. I got a clear look when it reached in front of my home... Yes It's a Buffalo... It's awesome to see that.. The buffalo is in full make up with flowers over the neck, glittering yellow cloths an the back and indecently decorated with red flowers too... But a crowd of people is running behind the buffalo, I think they are running towards the temple. Whats the matter...?


I really not getting whats going on here. Then I garbed into my home and asked amma what's going there in temple and why buffaloes and people where running towards the temple


Amma said me today is 16th Makam (In malayalam calender), after Onam people used to celebrate it. She added there will be buffalo race and many other religious programs in the ground in front of the temple. I thought I should definitely go and see the programs. The buffalo race is the main attraction of the program and they are doing so to please god only.. So my all other programs where postponed. Okey, let's got there....


I reached the ground in front of the temple, there i found lot of my local friends. Among them Arun and Nikhil gave a good company there. We moved to the other side where the buffaloes where tied. It is over there beside the temple. there i can see buffaloes are tied to near by trees and posts. Ohh.. and now I saw that strange seen.. Somebody is giving liquor to the buffaloes Oh god some of the buffaloes where drinking that without any resistance.liquor I asked my friends why they are doing so... they said it's a usual procedure before the buffaloes getting in to the race.. The buffaloes will go mad after drunk . So i wait there to see whats going to happen next.


Now, big crowd is here in the ground. I saw two other decorated stages there. I went there to see whats there. Ohh... one is the temple of back cast people and other is the place for buffalo race. there is a statue of some god in the center of that stage... Buffaloes might be running around it... Okey wait and see.

Wow... come back to the buffaloes They are in good mood now. They are trying to escape from the ties. Btu they can't because the ties are very strong. Buffaloes are jumping and making big noise with in there. I got hayride to see that situation so i stepped back to some distance and started to take some snaps....


Ohh.. whats that ..? someone is trying to boost up the buffalo... Ohh god I think that guy got great courage .... He is pulling the tail of the buffalo.. Wow buffalo is jumping with pain.. Now some more guys trying to hurt the buffalo.. Ohh god I can't see this act any more. I just stayed back ..

I saw there is a crowd over the stage in front of the small temple of scheduled cast people. I then moved to there. Here the programs are started. I just garbed in to the crowd and got a place to stay. I got a clear picture now. There are some tribes dancing around the small statue of a Devi... And some others where singing some folk songs and playing drums and a small clarinet. The dance steps are followed by the rhythm of folk song. That dance continued fro about an hour . I got good snaps of th

at art form too...


After the dance is over the artists and the common people moved to another stage. There also they continued their dance. And here the time comes for the buffalo race... I can see many of the villagers where trying to control the buffaloes The buffaloes are out of control now.... I got some awesome snaps of the race... One of the buffalo headed towards me... I too run for a small distance. But nothing happened to me ... Some buffaloes ran in to the crowd and injured many villagers. After that the situation became ugly, Then some of the buffaloes where controlled and some escaped from there to the near by field... thus the race is finished...


Now, I feel relaxed... I tanked god for saving me.. Thus the buffalo race is over and awards where given to the owners of buffaloes. And it is the time to disperse. I saw a woman injured was crying there.. She is taken to the hospital in a jeep.


All crowd was disappeared... Me and friends then headed towards the tall banyan tree in the ground. We all took seat under it and started chatting. By the way, a man came to us, introduced himself, that he is a photographer of a newspaper. But he failed to take photos of the program. He asked me to show the snaps that i took using my mobile cam. Okey then i showed it.. he then copied 3 snaps from my phone and said will be published in tomorrows newspaper.


Then the next day I walk up early and i grabbed to get the newspaper... I searched all pages of the newspaper, but no way.. It's not in the news paper.


Hai friends..

By this blog , I would like to turn your attention towards the cruel acts on animals going on in our society.. Just think about it and do something to save animals.. And I need your valued comments, So please write your comments here..... please....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog and i really like it i expect more from you

Unknown said...

kollaam. . . nice. . orupaadu kashta pettu alle. . .???